Filming and Photoshoot Locations
In addition to a wide variety of village properties, farmland and farmsteads of different eras, the Sudbury Estate has several unique locations for filming and photography.
• The village stocks, still located in the centre of the village, with a backdrop of 17th century cottages.
• The lake, 700 metres in length, is surrounded by picturesque woodland with spectacular views of 17th century Sudbury Hall. The lake includes two wooded islands - each approximately 30 square metres in size.
• The 18th century ornamental bridge at the end of the lake.
• The former walled garden of Sudbury Hall, including a Victorian sunken oval croquet lawn, a 1920s rose garden and an Edwardian glass-house.
• Extensive woodlands (including bluebell woods late April/May).
• Television series filmed on the Sudbury Estate include the BBC's series of 'Pride and Prejudice' (1980) and 'In a Land of Plenty' (1999).